Parent visa (subclass 103)
This visa lets parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia permanently.
There can be long waiting times of up to 30 years for this visa.
What you can do
This is a permanent visa. It lets you:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
You must have a child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
At least half of your children must live in Australia or more of your children live in Australia than any other country.
Length of stay